Tuesday, November 8, 2011

construction and granny-carts.

So it seems that when we finally start doing things that might make semi-exciting blog posts I stop blogging.  Oops.

In the last week and a half or so our lives have been a little all over the place (in a fabulous kind of way).  We were able to take a day trip across state lines to see a very dear friend sing with her choir.  Not only did she sing but she also directed one of the pieces!  She did an awesome job, very professional.  I meant to take pictures of the road trip and the concert but somehow only ended up with a couple of pictures of the hubs and I in the car. Oh, and one of the construction that has been going on for YEARS on a stretch of the highway.




Last week a friend and I both had Tuesday off so we decided to go SHOPPING!!  We went to this fabulous little fabric store with all kinds of unique little prints.  (I'm hoping to make a clutch with some of the fun fabrics that we found).  We also went to IKEA.  If you have never been to Ikea then you might be missing out just a little. They have all kinds of fabulous things!  I personally get drawn in by their lighting department.  I am a sucker for paper lanterns.  I might have brought just a couple home with me (only three...)...  We just might have hit up the mall on our way home as well... and I might have come home with some new lipgloss...  oops...  :-)

One of our other good friends had her senior violin recital this past weekend and it was beautiful.  She looked beautiful and played beautifully.  I am so excited for her.  The hubby has his senior recital in a couple weeks and I think he will be incredibly excited to have it done with.  A bunch of family is coming down for it and I can't wait to see everyone!  It has been far too long!

Ok, so maybe our exciting week wasn't really that exciting... I enjoyed it anyway. :-)  I might have to post some of the projects that I am working on soon.  I bought yarn yesterday to knit mittens!  I'm pretty excited about it.

With love.



oh!  P.S. I felt like a real city girl when I used my granny-cart to get groceries yesterday! Yay for fitting in!




...although I must confess that I only used it to get the groceries from the car to our fourth floor apartment... I'm almost a city girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment