Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving and best buy.

This year we were unable to go home and see family for Thanksgiving because of my work schedule.  But we were very blessed to be invited to join some friends for the holiday.
Our Thanksgiving contribution.
It was wonderful not to have to cook an entire meal! I did make an oreo cheesecake that somehow got a little slouchy, some peanut butter fudge that was delicious, and some yummy broccoli salad crunch.  Some of you may laugh at my desire to avoid cooking an entire meal, but I have two fantastic reasons for avoiding it.
A- I am not an gourmet chef.
B- You see that picture ----> ? That is almost all of the counter space in my current kitchen. There is another small section of counter on the other side of the sink, but after you put the drying rack there it hardly counts.  (We also brought the raspberry dessert wine you see on the right there, it was pretty good and came in a fun skinny bottle (don't worry, I almost always choose wine by the look of the bottle)).

We had a wonderful evening watching football, playing video games, and planning black friday shopping.  It was nice to spend the day with some other couples who were also far from home and family.

Hubby and I decided to venture out for the Black Friday madness at midnight.
Winter gear for Black Friday.
L has been wanting a new gaming system since before our wedding (a year and a half) so I told him that if he checked the ads and found a great deal we could maybe get one for him for Christmas.  Of course Best Buy had X-box 360s on sale ($100 off!).  So we loaded up all of our winter gear with the intention of joining all the other crazies waiting in line for the midnight opening. Then, a few minutes after noon, Hubby got on the Best Buy website and found the same X-box deal and had to order it immediately for fear of missing out.  I was slightly disappointed in this development because I had never been Black Friday shopping.  So we made the executive decision to head to the store anyway for some smaller deals.

 
Part of our Best Buy haul.                                Creepy Black Friday line picture.
Black Friday T.P.

So we waited in line at Best Buy for almost an hour before we finally got in the store around 12:30 am.  We were able to get some good deals on some TV seasons and movies, and we also got a great sale on a new point and shoot camera (Merry Christmas! to: me from: hubs).

After Best Buy we headed over to Target where our best haul was a 12 pack of toilet paper.  Yay for toilet paper at 1:30 am on Black Friday!  (and no it wasn't on sale, we just really really needed it).  :-)

So that about wraps up our holiday adventures!  Thanks for sharing with us!  I hope all of your holidays were wonderful!

With Love.

2 comments:

  1. so I'm super jealous about a couple things.
    1. You got Boy Meets World and Big Bang Theory
    2. You got another camera.

    Glad you had fun and I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, I didn't know you had a blog!! Looks like you're having a lot of fun together and enjoyed the holidays. I somehow convinced Chris to go shopping at midnight too and it was pretty fun :) Tell me what's new with you guys! And in case you're curious, I update my blog every once in a while at teamjensen09.blogspot.com It's been a while but be on the lookout for a new post in the next week! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete